5.07.2014

BALLPARK BISCOTTI

BALLPARK BISCOTTI


Since the a-z challenge ended, all I've been thinking about is food.  I don't get that connection, but there it is.  Maybe I just missed being in the kitchen, because I was at the computer so much.

Nah, I don't think so either.

Anyhoo...my good friend Giada DeLaurentis told me how to make biscotti, and with a few tweaks, I tailored it to how we like it.  Which part of that sentence is not true?  Boy, I can't fool you guys. 

This is so easy to make.  If you like a crunchy cookie, you'll love these.  It you're a fan of moister, richer desserts, try this recipe:   BALLPARK BROWNIES

Biscotti does not mean biscuit, by the way, like most people think.  It means 'twice-baked.'  You just had a lesson in Italian. 



Here are a few pictures of the process.

The log - first bake

The cookies - second bake


Fascinating, isn't it?  Biscotti is like twice-baked potatoes, only without the potatoes. 

I love these.  They are particularly festive at the holidays, but I make 'em whenever I'm hankering for a crunchy treat.  And, of course, whenever Giada is coming to visit.  


6 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I am a huge fan of crunchy, and I love biscotti. This looks fabulous!

Mari said...

I never knew what Biscotti meant. Thanks for the lesson!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

They sound fabulous, and really easy to make. Definitely gotta try 'em. Thanks!

Creations By Cindy said...

Looks yummy!
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Rita said...

I had no idea how they made those. :)

Ann Hinds said...

Language lesson and new treat. Nothing could be better than that. These I will try. Must get chocolate!