Whenever I'm asked about my favorite non-fiction book, I always mention Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud. I urge people to buy it, I've given it for gifts, and I think it should be required reading freshman year of college. People who know me are probably sick of hearing me promote it.
1. Behind the failure to set boundaries in a relationship is the fear of loss.
2. Words do not come from somewhere outside of us. They are products of our hearts.
3. We always need to forgive; but we don't always achieve reconciliation.
4. Blamers have a character problem.
5. Those who spend their lives trying to avoid failure are also eluding maturity.
6. To rescue people from the natural consequences of their behavior is to render them powerless.
7. Trying, failing, and trying again is called learning.
Thought-provoking, right? This book helped me grow up. Forgive. Move on. Find freedom.
It might help you too.
(This post was not sponsored by Dr. Cloud. He doesn't even know who I am.)