1. Baby Juliet was born. Her grandpa is my brother, the ex-clown. He is over the moon about his second grandchild. Even though they kept him locked outside the nursery.
Juliet's tiny toes now greet everyone who visits this blog.
2. I experienced the wonderful awesomeness that is Les Miserables. Hugh Jackman is so good; Anne Hathaway is painfully good. I cried, and then cried some more. Even Russell Crowe is decent. Who knew he could sing? Kind of.
3. Christmas was wonderful, despite the fact that one son and daughter-in-law were absent and my normally enthusiastic Dad seemed a bit low-key.
5. A second burner on my stove began to work intermittently (I already have one that heats only if I smack it a few times), so I decided the 22-year old relic was ready to retire. The new stove (a flat-top - yay!) arrives on Saturday. I hope I can figure the thing out.
6. Our daughter became a Godmother for the first time to the son of her best childhood friend. We had so fun much smooching on this sweet child. He's a happy little dude. Our daughter and her friend are all grown up. Sniff.
6. I discovered I'm the only one on the planet not watching Downton Abbey. With all the hoopla, I wonder what I'm missing and will have to rent seasons of later. I did that with the The X-files, and lost two weeks of my life. I'd rather not do that again. (Although getting to know Mulder and Scully was completely worth it.)
All this, and it's only January.
How is your New Year going?