Yes, I'm cheating. "Why I watch dancing with the stars" would be grammatically correct, but who are we kidding here? By "Y" day in the a-z challenge, anything goes. I'm being creative.
Aside from the trashy costumes most female dancers wear on DWTS, I like the show. (I appreciate the gowns that are more modest and elegant, but maybe that's just me.) Here's Y:
1. I like the back stories of each celebrity. Hearing their struggles reminds me that their lives are not all glitz and glamor.
2. I admire the courage of the stars who really step out of their comfort zone to do the show: the NFL players, the 70 year olds, the comedians with no sense of rhythm.
3. I like that the stars who are dumped still say the experience was wonderful, they learned a lot, and they're grateful to their professional partner.
4. I love Disney night, when everyone dances to a Disney song. The choreography and costumes that night are magical.
5. I like that the judges tell the truth. They really are looking for the stars to learn how to dance, and they're constructively critical when they need to be.
6. I love that the stars really want that tacky mirror ball trophy. They're like little kids at a t-ball game.
7. I love that disabled stars are invited to participate. They bring me to tears every time.
8. I love that overweight stars are invited to participate. Dance and movement are not limited to the athletic and thin.
9. I love that all the teams root for each other.
10. I love that former DWTS stars are often in the audience of current shows.
There are some life lessons exhibited in this show, and that's what keeps me watching. Check it out. Monday nights on ABC.