1. I gave up extra sugar. Crazy, right? Especially, since I love to bake (and eat Biscotti and biscuits rolls.) But, it was time. The big surprise - it hasn't been that difficult. In three weeks, I've cheated twice. I'll get better. It helps that I CAN have an ounce of dark chocolate a day. Whoo-hoo!
2. I researched and started ingesting glucosamine sulfate, Curamin, and ribose. These are supplements that supposedly help fibro. Isn't that fascinating? I'll keep ya' posted.
3. I visited eight doctor's offices. Between the folks and myself, we're keeping the physicians in town hopping.
4. I attended a womens' retreat with a good friend. We had quiet time, prayer time, and a great meal that I did not fix. That was the best part.
5. My daughter and I made soup and homemade bread for a women who was fading from this life due to cancer. She passed the following day. Our gift to her was probably her last meal. I pray it soothed her body and calmed her spirit.
6. Our girl celebrated a birthday. Here she is at age five, exploring life though a magnifying glass.
Today, she teaches high schoolers science and character. She doles out Jolly Ranchers on test days and gives extra credit points for observed kindnesses. If I had a science teacher like her, I would have almost liked high school.
7. Our baby boy had a birthday. He weighed nearly ten pounds at birth, and my bladder has never been the same. He's now the tallest one in the family, but he'll always be my little bubba.
Here he is getting caught in the rain with his lovely wife.
8. My Dad had a birthday. Here he is enjoying his favorite thing on earth - a night out with our girl getting frozen yogurt and double hot fudge.
Have you ever seen a happier 91-year old? We have several May birthdays, but we make the biggest ta-da over this one.
9. We spent an hour at Starbucks with our financial advisor. A cup of sweet chai tea makes the number-crunching go down more smoothly.
10. My brother, the ex-clown, was in town with his colleagues. They like to visit our local pie shop and come to our place with the goods. We all eat like pigs before they go back to work.
This was the cream of the crop.
Is this gorgeous, or what? We have the best pie shop in the country. Sadly, they don't ship because it's cost prohibitive, but if you're ever near Melbourne, Florida, Sweetie Pies is the place to go.
June already has four doctor appointments listed, as well as a colonoscopy. I'll spare you the details on that one.
Summer has arrived!