Regular readers know that I have a brother who is an engineer. In his younger days, he was also a professional clown. I don't think he was ever in the circus, but he entertained many a child at parties and church events.
I write about him once in a while, and
he tolerates my ramblings. (For posts on the ex-clown, check out "the
ex-clown" file folder.) He's a good egg.
For I Day, I
sent him 26 questions to answer. Each question focuses on a letter of the
alphabet - an expansion on the A-Z challenge. Here we go...
1. What is your favorite ART form? (painting, music, writing, crafts, etc.) Clowning.
2. If a BEAR ambled into your house, what would you do? Freeze, and hope he doesn't like frozen food.
3. Who is your soul mate CARTOON? Snoopy
4. Regarding DOUGHNUTS: yeast or cake? Blueberry cake
5. Who most ENCOURAGES you? Wife, Mary
6. What do you FEAR? Pain
7. What is your favorite attribute of GOD? His capacity for forgiveness.
8. Your worst HABIT. Talking too loud.
9. Your worst INJURY/ILLNESS. Fractured heel bone
10. What JOB would you never want to do? Clean sewers
11. What would be the best thing about being a KANGAROO? I could jump high
12. LEMON Meringue or Key LIME pie? Lemon Meringue
13. Favorite MATH equation. Any equation with pi in it (especially cherry)
14. If you owned a NEWSPAPER, what would be its name? News U Can Use
15. What is the best financial OFFER you've ever received? My work retirement plan
16. Your favorite PARABLE. The Prodigal Son
17. If you were QUEEN/KING for a day, what rule would you make? Do something kind for someone today
18. Name one REGRET. Making an unkind remark to someone
19. Best SANDWICH you ever had. Reuben at Woodside Deli in Maryland
20. If you could talk to a TRICERATOPS, what would you say? Ever tried roasted marshmallows?
21. Have you ever been to UTAH? Yes, Lake Powell
22. Worst VEGETABLE. Eggplant
23. Are you happy with your WAISTLINE? Not really.
24. Which body part was most recently X-RAYED? Heel (see injury above)
25. Name something you did YESTERDAY, but will not do today. Eat too much at the Easter party.
26. Favorite ZOO animal. Monkey
There you have it. Riveting journalism.
You can now tell your friends you became acquainted with an ex-clown today. They'll probably be envious. You can direct them to this post if they want to be part of the "in" crowd.
p.s. stay tuned for a future interview with Miss Curly-Cute.