1.15.2012

Fed Up In Florida

Dear God,

I don't know how you do it.  Staying on top of every one's issues. 

Do you get tired of all the complaints?  All the whining.  You must be tempted to just unplug the switchboard now and then and climb into bed with a good book.  That would be an interesting list: Reading material on God's nightstand.

I've spent three days working on a computer project, and it's produced nothing but aggravation and fatigue.   It's a time-consuming process, and the program I was using kept being attacked by a virus.  Either that, or it simply froze, mid-project.  

I got so frustrated.  And discouraged.   I have a vision...I know what I'm trying to create...and I can't get it.

The tools are out there, but they're not perfect.   Neither is the user.

Maybe I'm in over my head.  Maybe I'm wasting my time.  I just don't know. 

So I'm venting to you.  Because I figure you've had days, or centuries, like this.  You have a plan, and the parties involved just don't cooperate.  You know what that's like, don't you?

How do you deal with that?  You repeatedly work with faulty elements, and you just keep investing.  How do you not throw your hands up and say, Forget it. These humans are not worth it. 

I know a measly computer project is not on the same level as your relationship with the human race.  I'm a measly human, so my comparisons will be grandly disproportionate.  Perseverance is the question. 

I'm so frustrated.  I've had a three-day headache.  Maybe I need to work on this project I love for six days and then rest on the seventh, like you did.  Maybe I just need to bag it.  

Any insight you have would be appreciated.  You have my email address.


love,
you-know-who


No comments: