5.02.2014

Puffy Biscuit Rolls

Recently, about three times a week, I've been making a really light biscuit that's more like a bread roll.  These biscuit rolls come together so quickly, I could probably make them every day.  Then, I'd look like a puffy biscuit roll.   So, I'm going to control myself.

Here's the recipe, if you want some lovely biscuit rolls in your life. 


Puffy Biscuit Rolls

425 degree oven - baking time: 12-14 min.


4 C. Bisquick
1 sour cream
1 C. 7-Up, or Seltzer water (I use this because I don't want the extra sugar in soda.)
 1/2 stick melted butter

Stir together Bisquick, sour cream and 7-Up. Sprinkle some Bisquick onto the counter.  Plop dough onto the counter and fold it over and over, incorporating the Bisquick just until the dough is not sticky, but still moist.  Don't knead, or biscuits will be tough.  Pat the dough flat with your hands, about 1/2 inch thick.


Flattened dough - it's hard to see because the counter is white.  :-)

Dump melted butter in pan. Cut circles or squares of dough and place rolls in buttered pan.  You should get 8-10. 


Bake for 12-14 minutes, depending on the size of your biscuit rolls.  Remove them from the oven when they are light golden.  Immediately brush tops with butter.



These are soft and moist and great for sandwiches.  They're best eaten right away, or at least the same day.  If they're not going to be devoured pretty quickly, store them in a zippered bag.

So delish.  Biscuit-like, but roll-like.  Light and fluffy.  Perfect for a weekend breakfast.  Or a late-night snack.

Paula Deen would be jealous.

    

8 comments:

Mari said...

I actually pinned this recipe a while back but never tried it. Guess I better do that!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thanks for sharing that recipe. I'll have to give it a try. I love biscuits but don't make them often.

Rita said...

Those really do look good! :)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Woo they look good makes one hungry

Andrea said...

UGH! How can I be out of Bisquick?!?!?! Rats!

betty said...

They look delicious! Really, I need to stop reading blogs when it is before dinner; everyone has something on it with food and now I am hungrier. I think I could get into a habit of making these way more than I should :)

betty

Aditi said...

Looks yummy! Perfect with tea! :)

Multi-tasking Mama said...

My mouth watered and my pupils dilated ... nom, nom, nom ... Oh I was so going to make these, then I saw they are made with bisquick ... we don't have that on this side of the world. Oh how could you tease me this way ... lol ... I can almost smell them baking ... sigh ;)