12.02.2013

Come Shine with Me!

It's December!!  It's snowing cats and dogs in some parts of the country, and shoppers have trounced one another all weekend to grab the best deals!

I hunkered down over the weekend and helped a friend organize some things in her home.  Then, I made cookies with my daughter.  We discovered that if you don't have a rolling pin, a bottle of wine (full or empty) works just fine.  Who knew.   


 

That first batch of cookie cut-outs always gets me in the mood for Christmas.  There's just something about a snowman with a chocolate chip face that makes me want to share the love.

So, I decided on my facebook page, I would post a daily thought (until Christmas) that would encourage all of us to shine this holiday.  Shine in a way that lights up somebody's life, gives them hope, takes a burden, garners a smile.   I'm calling it "Shine Your Christmas."

December 1st (yesterday), on my facebook page, I suggested we all bake cookies and give some to a grumpy neighbor or coworker.   Or teenager.  Or husband.  Whoever is the grumpy pants in your life.  People can't be grumpy when they're eating a cookie somebody gave them.   Especially if it's a snowman with a chocolate chip face. 

Join me on facebook as I move through the month with reflections on how we can all shine a little brighter this holiday season.  I know when the craziness really starts, I want to just keep plugging along, doing simple things that will shine through the chaos.  It would be fun to do it together.  Maybe we could change the world.

Here's my facebook link:  Adventures in the Ballpark - Mare Ball.  Check in and click the "like" button right under the cover photo of all the pies - you'll then get the daily posts on your facebook page, and we'll be buds!  And down the road, I might be giving away a Cadillac.  You'd hate to miss that.  

Scoot over there now and see the things I'm posting this month to make my Christmas more shiny.  Easy things we can do together.  I promise you, they do not require stringing up lights, or dragging a Douglas fir into the house.


Happy December!!!



18 comments:

Dana said...

What a wonderful idea, Mare! Little things can definitely make a big difference. :)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a great way to start December off. Your cookies are very festive. I hope you share some of your shining moments with us on blogger. I'm not much of a face booker.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a great way to start December off. Your cookies are very festive. I hope you share some of your shining moments with us on blogger. I'm not much of a face booker.

Paula said...

Those cookies look so good....and my favorites are sugar cookies with frosting! Yum

Jenn @ A Simple Haven said...

If I've been the grumpy one lately, can we make cookies for Mommy? :)

Seriously, though, love the idea of reaching out to those who might be a bit harder to love.

Annalisa Crawford said...

Great cookies. Although I can think of a much better use for a FULL bottle of wine ;-) I've liked your Facebook page, looking forward to your Christmas posts!

Kenya G. Johnson said...

Ahhh your cookies look yum! I have a rolling pin and no wine ;-)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

They look so nice and yummy I could gobble them up

Marianne said...

Just "Liked" your page, but LOVE your philosophy. You're quickly putting me in the holiday spirit!

Danielle L Zecher said...

You're right about not being grumpy while eating a cookie. What a yummy idea.

betty said...

Those cookies look delicious! That is interesting a wine bottle can step in and take the part of a rolling pin if need be :)

Hard to imagine it is December; where did this year go?

betty

Bethe77 said...

Your Christmas cookies look so very yummy! Thank you for stopping by. May the Lord bless you this Christmas season and always.

Jaime said...

What a great idea! I wish that I was as creative as you are:)

Marie said...

I love the way you think! I don't have a FB page. :( We will be baking and giving. :)
hugs,
Marie

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

What a fabulous idea! I definitely LIKE it, and will go LIKE it on your FB page right now. Thanks! It sounds to me like you're bubbling with the spirit of Christmas.

Unknown said...

This is absolutely lovely Mare. It's always wonderful to take the time to give to others. The feeling of giving far exceeds receiving.

Thank you for sharing (and inspiring).

Wishing you a lovely day.
xoxo

Karen Lange said...

Those cookies look great. Suddenly I could go for something sweet...:)

I think I liked your FB page but will go and double check!

Lynn Proctor said...

awww this is so cool!