4.30.2013

Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz - part 2

For the A-Z challenge last year, I interviewed Ms. Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz (from Seussville) for the letter Z.  (I call her 3Z.   She calls me 'honey.')


She's like Santa Claus and Mrs. Doubtfire rolled into one.  I wonder if they all know each other.

I caught up with her again this year.  She had just returned from a trip to Venice.

mb: Did you travel alone?
3Z:  Oh no.  My friend Carly came with me.  We take a girls' trip once a year.  Last year we went to Idaho.

mb:  Idaho?  What exciting things did you do there?
3Z:  We enjoyed shopping in Boise.  They have beautiful sand dunes in Idaho. 

mb: How was Venice?
3Z:  Parts were beautiful.  Parts were stinky.

mb:  Did you ride a gondola?
3Z:  Of course.  Yertle was a bit nervous, but I assured her that if the boat tipped over, we'd be OK.  I float, you know.

mb:  I didn't know.  You have many gifts, I see.  Did you enjoy the food in Italy?
3Z:  It was scrumptious.  I love pasta.  Ziti is my favorite.  It starts with z, you know.

mb:  I do.  That's a yummy z word.
3Z:  Zinnia is my favorite z word.  I love flowers.

mb:  How have you been since I spoke to you last year?
3Z:  I had a knee replacement.  And I broke a toe.  But I'm fine now.  Physical therapy is so helpful.

mb:  How did you break your toe?
3Z:  I dropped a can of baked beans on it.   

mb:  Are you a good cook?
3Z:  Not really.   I'd rather bake.  Strawberry/rhubarb pie is my specialty.

mb.  That sounds like an odd combination.
3Z:  That's what people say about green eggs and ham.  But they're very good too. Oh, excuse me.  (Her cell phone rang.  She chatted to the caller a moment and then hung up.)  I'm going to have to say good-bye now.  I have to pick up my nephew from the airport.

mb:  You drive?
3Z:  I love to drive.  Good luck with your little blogging thing.  Maybe I'll talk to you next year.  It's so kind of you to think of me when you consider the letter z. 

mb:  Thanks for talking with me.  You're an odd, though charming, creature.
3Z.  So are you, honey.  Toodle-oo.

There you go.  A zuzzy finish to the A-Z blogging challenge 2013 from my furry, checkerboard friend.  You create all kinds of friendships when you blog from A-Z.

I'd like to thank everyone who popped into my ballpark this month.  I didn't get as far down the linky list as I had hoped because my dad was in and out of the hospital twice.  (More on that later.)  But, I'm saving the list and will pop in to every site.   For those who pulled up a regular bleacher, in terms of "following" the chaos around here...I appreciate that you want to visit again now and then.  I hope you always find it worth your time.

Thanks for the memories.

(For my first interview with 3Z, click here: 3Z INTERVIEW: PART 1)

Zigning off....



20 comments:

Christine said...

Congratulations!!! That was quite a creative way to end the challenge. Well done!

Jenelle Leanne said...

That is the best Z post I've read so far today! :) Loved it!

http://jenelleschmidt.com/blog

Joyce said...

Such a clever way to end the challenge : ) Congratulations on crossing the finish line!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations in completing the A to Z Challenge.

Yvonne
A to Z AMBASSADOR.

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

What a fun Z post! Congrats on finishing the challenge!!!

Cathy said...

Totally loved this Z post. What fun!

Jerralea said...

Very creative way to end your A-Z challenge! You have done a wonderful job.

Jenny said...

So cute. I love 3Z.

Happy Z Day!

Jenny at Choice City Native

Ann Hinds said...

I don't have cool friends like 3Z but I am happy that she granted you an interview. I have enjoyed your A to Z and will continue to follow.

http://completelycalifornia.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

Brilliant Z post, a great way to finish the challenge. On that note, well done and yay! We made it through. :)

I shall definitely be popping by in the future :)

Kate

Jaime said...

Love your interview:)

Congrats on finishing the challenge.

Jaime at Awakenings and Reflections

Living in the In Between said...

Congratulations on meeting the challenge. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. Blessings!

Unknown said...

Very clever, Mare. Looks like you have your Z staked out forever. Smart! So congratulations on being a veteran A to Zer twice. It's been fun getting to know you a little through the blogosphere. Hope we continue to be friends now that A to Z is done. God bless, Maria at Delight Directed Living

Unknown said...

Another brilliant year has come to an end! Well done Mare.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Well you have made iot to the end for another you.........

Mom of 12 said...

I love Dr. Seuss! What a fun challenge. Way too ambitious for me.
Sandy

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

What a fun post! Sounds like you had a good time with the A-Z. (I LOVE Yertle the Turtle, and have read it out loud to my kids and their kids so many times, I practically know it by heart.)

Tara Tyler said...

i loved reading that alphabet book to my kids!
congrats for sticking with it!
dont let x get you down!
i usually cheat with the tough letters Q has been the 'Quette of blogging, X was xercise... (my mom says, make it fit)

Misha Gerrick said...

Congrats on finishing. :-)

Dana said...

What a fun post! Congrats on finishing the A to Z. I hope your dad is doing better now.