4.30.2014

Z is For Exceptional CupakeZ!

I know, the word cupcakez does not end in Z, but we're at the final day of the A-Z Blogging Challenge, and I'm cheating.  I'm word-ed out.

Besides, I wanted to share this easy, yummy Tropical Cupcake recipe with you. 




There are only three ingredients in the cake part:

1 store-bought cake mix - orange flavored.  (If you can't find orange, add some orange extract to a yellow cake mix.)
1 can crushed pineapple, not drained
2 eggs

Whip the cake mix and the eggs together.  Lower the mixer speed and add the pineapple, juice and all.  Beat gently until well combined.

Bake according to the cake box directions.  They are done when toothpick clean.

These are delish without icing, because they are moist and very sweet.  However, here in the Ballpark, we rarely let a cupcake sit naked.  I frosted these with a cream cheese icing, but a buttercream icing is just as tasty.

I dotted these with M&Ms because we had them for Easter, but you can leave them plain, or sprinkle with any topping you'd like.  Coconut folded into the frosting would be good as well, adding another tropical element to this treat. 

These are a perfect Spring dessert.  Goodbye snow, hello tulipz!


I know the word tulipz does not end in Z, but...well, you know, refer to Sentence One.

Thanks to all who stopped by the Ballpark this month!  I appreciate every visitor, and I hope you were blessed or entertained every time you popped in.  (If not, let me know, and I'll try to up my game.) 



15 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The pineapple cup cakes do sound perfect for Easter I can't have a cupcake without frosting of some kind either.

Kenya G. Johnson @ KenyaGJohnson.com said...

LOL I stopped by to see WHAT your Z was. I'll takes CupcakeZ anyway. I enjoyed your posts this month. I like the way you recycled some old posts in - that's a good idea. For the what 3rd year? in a row, I am saying maybe I'll try this next year.

talesfromthelaundryroom.com said...

Your Z post made me laugh ... I get the bit about being "worded out!" ha!

The recipe sounds delicious. I am tempted to rush out to buy ingredients to try it, but unfortunately my family must eat gluten-free. I'm going to figure out a way to tweak this for us to try a GF version, though.

Congrats on a successful A to Z Challenge!

Andrea said...

HuZZah Marianne! You did it!!! Now I want cupcakez to celebrate!

Maria Dunn said...

Clever way to stick the 'Z' in there, Mare. I loved your x-men post too. Great photo. Congratulations on finishing. Maria, Delight Directed Living

abby@truebeloved said...

That sounds so good! I'm going to make them with my daughter this weekend...she'll be so excited. Thanks for the yummy recipe for cupcakeZ! ;-)

Tania Cowling said...

These do sound yummy and just my kind of flavor for the tropics of Florida. I bookmarked your post so I can try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

Oh how I would love a cupcake now

Michelle said...

Yummy! I'm a believer that everything is better with frosting!

betty said...

I want a cupcake! Can you send me one?

They look delicious!

Congrats for finishing the challenge!!! A job well done!

betty

Paula Kaye said...

Those cupcakes look amaZing....

Christine said...

The cupcakes sound delicious and easy. Who cares if they don't start with Z! Congratulations on finishing this most grueling of challenges!

Taylor Gilmore said...

I am absolutely going to try this cupcakez recipe. They look delish! Congratulations on making it through the A to Z Challenge.

Marcia said...

I am always on the lookout for easy recipes that give maximum delight! Thankz zo much!

Joyce said...

Those look and sound delicious! I love the flavors, so will definitely try. Thanks for sharing! Congrats on making it to letter Z. I'm trying to get around to some I've missed. I didn't have any extra minutes in April, so didn't visit as much as I normally would during the challenge.